NORDOCK® Mechanical Levelers | Heavy-Metal™ Series
The Heavy-Metal Series of the NORDOCK® Mechanical Levelers live up to their name by featuring simple operation, reliability, and strength combined with an easy release.
A new standard for simple operation, reliability, and strength
Where strength and reliability is a foremost standard, the NORDOCK® Heavy-Metal™ Mechanical Dock Leveler is designed to provide matchless service. It comes equipped with standard features including the NORDOCK’s exclusive auto-sensing holdown and a full yieldable walk-down lip extension that makes it the simplest and smoothest mechanical leveler. In addition, it comes equipped with more customary performance features than any other similar product.
It’s all in the name
The Heavy-Metal™ Series lives up to its name. Maximum strength is achieved by a platform that is a centralized welded structure with continuous welds at the header plate, hinge tubes, and the beam all constructed of at least 50,000 – 55,000 PSI yield material. Additional support to the deck plate is provided by welded side guards while 4” of side-to-side tilt without a pinch point is provided by the fixed rear hinge.
This Series Leveler comes equipped with more standard performance features than any other comparable leveler. These features include an integral maintenance strut, retracting solid steel deck stops, end loading control, working range toe guards, and night security locks.
Activated by soft release
The operator releases the holdown at the back of the platform until the deck is elevated and stopped. He walks the platform down until the standard 16” lip reaches onto the truck bed and engages the truck bed 12” above and below floor level. During loading the deck floats up and down.
NORDOCK® HEAVY-METAL® Series Mechanical Levelers
- Integral maintenance support
- Retractable solid steel deck stops
- Seven rear structural frame supports
- Below dock end load control
- Fixed rear hinge assembly
- Zinc plated hinge rods
- Working range welded side guards
- Dual pawl holdown system reducing upward deck movement when stored
- Lip assist spring reducing stress on lip extension system
- Auto-sensing holdown with unlimited float
- Central position holdown eliminating deck twist for level storage
- Grease fittings on front hinge
- Open frame design for easy pit cleaning
- Security night lock
- Two dock bumpers included
- TRUCK-LOCK® Vehicle Restraint Systems
- FALL-STOP™ Safety Barrier Gates
- Center deck reinforcement for 3 wheeled fork lifts
- 18” or 20” long lip
- Full range telescoping toe guards
- Steel spring and steel face bumpers
- Self-forming pour in pans
- Brush weather seals
- Dock lights